August 5, 2007|
THE ILOCOS TIMES - FEATURE
IMMIGRATION GUIDE (15)
10 Commandments For Successful Filing Of
Immigrant Visa Petition For Alien Spouse
Atty. Emmanuel Samonte Tipon
1. USCIS Form I-130 must be filled up and signed by the petitioner.
2. USCIS Form G325A in 4 copies must be filled up and signed by the petitioner, with 1 passport size color picture.
3. USCIS Form G325A in 4 copies must be filled up and signed by the alien spouse, with 2 passport size color pictures.
4. U.S. citizenship documents of petitioner, if citizen, such as Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate OR Lawful Permanent Resident Card of petitioner, if alien.
5. Marriage contract of petitioner and alien spouse.
6. Documents evidencing termination of all prior marriages of parties, if previously married, such as divorce or annulment decree or death certificate of prior spouse.
7. Birth certificate of alien spouse.
8. Declaration by petitioner on how, when, and where petitioner met alien spouse and describing significant events in their relationship, accompanied by pictures of petitioner and alien spouse together.
9. Attach check or money order covering the filing fee of $355.00 payable to the Department of Homeland Security. Verify what is the current fee from the USCIS at its website www.uscis.gov OR call 1 800 375 5283.
10. File all of the above by certified mail, return receipt requested, with the proper USCIS Service Center. For Hawaii residents, it is: USCIS California Service Center, P.O. Box 10130, Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0130.
(Atty. Tipon is from Laoag City. He holds a Master of Laws degree from Yale Law School and a Bachelor of Laws degree from U.P. He practices law and writes law books. Office: 905 Umi St., Suite 201, Honolulu, HI 96819. Tel. (808) 847-1601. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.ImmigrationServicesUSA.com. Listen to KNDI Honolulu radio 1270 AM on your radio dial every Friday morning between 6:30-8:00. This article is for general information only and is not intended as legal advice.)
| Back To Top |
Ilocos Times. All rights reserved.